Sunday, November 4, 2012

BANYAN TREE

I was thinking this morning as Hudson and I strolled along Front Street that so much has happened since we have been here.  Significant growth with Hudson... new routines, new rituals.... a new appreciation for a slower pace and learning to use the Shaka (a friendly sign used as a greeting).

I have to admit that this is the only place that I have taken naps when Hudson sleeps without feeling guilty knowing there is so much else I should be doing... exercising, laundry, cleaning..... work. There is a beauty in this that I am really hoping to take home and keep in my daily life! 

As we walked by a lovely church service with open walls and beautiful hymns being sung it dawned on me how free it feels here.  Somehow you feel closer to the earth here.... 

The Banyan Trees at dusk are magical!   Listening to hundreds of birds chirping in the trees it is a distinct, unique music that you will here no where else!  These are the things that you take home with you from Maui!  I love these trees and the peace you feel walking under the sheath of branches, pretty special!



Well off to take a little snooze!  ALOHA for now! Lisa






No comments:

Post a Comment