Sunday, October 21, 2012

HALLELUJAH!

It is 1:00 pm I am sitting on the beach enjoying the quiet murmer of the small waves crashing on the sand.  The wind is blowing the palm trees and the boats and paddle surfers are off in the distance. 
 Boy could I get used to this, what awesome "Lisa time" that I am savoring!

Three words to share today ..... Health. Relaxation. Inspiration. 

On the health note I am so happy to report that Hudson is fever free, rashes almost gone, IV bruising fading and most of all his spirit is back and the smile in his eyes is shining bright! 
 Hallelujah, yippee, whoo hoo, AMEN!
I cannot explain how grateful and thankful we are.  Thankfully our little guy will not remember this chaotic time of sickness... wish I could forget - ugh!
So on to our adventure here in Maui with this behind us!

Relaxation is the name of the game here in Maui.  It is so amazing to see the difference from the rat race in other places.  No one is in a hurry ..... unless they are trying to get their surf boards out to catch a wave!!!  Everyone rides beach cruisers, skateboards, or walks all over town.  The other day Hudson and I were taking our morning walk and we went by the elementary school and saw a mom drive by in a VW Bus white with flowers on it.  All the windows were down and the kids were singing in the back...... mama in a bathing suit, everybody chill!  HOW COOL IS THAT!  I even had a crazy thought- thats how I want to live!!!  I told Wade and he laughed - REALLY???
I have to share with you that since we have been here I have not wore makeup!  Ok for some of you that isn't a big deal at all, but those that know me know I rarely go without.  It has been 11 DAYS... WHOA!   I can't remember the last time I washed my hair, it goes up in a pony everyday.   Guess I had better watch out I could end up heading back to Tennessee with dread locks - HAHA!
So zero time primping around here - how refreshing! 

It made my heart happy when Wade told me the other day that he has fallen into the "Maui groove" .....there really is such a thing! To see him chill out after all of the stress with the job transition really was a goal.... looks like we hit it!  YAY!  Wade continues to job hunt each day, a few things have surfaced in Nashville so we are hopeful!  But until something happens NO WORRIES!

We started a new ritual of being on the beach each evening for sunset.  The serenity and beauty rocks me every single time!  There is something different here -  a kind of magic as you watch the sun dip down behind the island of Lana'i.  I keep reminding myself we get to see this for another 17 days!  This trip has already given me a taste of perspective that reaches new places....  for that I feel amazingly blessed on this day.

ALOHA!
Lisa
  

No comments:

Post a Comment