Tuesday, October 23, 2012

SHARK PIT



SUNSETS. TURTLES. YOGA. 

My random topics for today! 

First I have to tell you about an amazing site we saw on the beach!
I should start by telling you that the beach walking distance from the guest house is called "Shark Pit".... yea sounds scary and yes there are sharks but it really is a cool baby beach with little waves and cool low tides.  No Hudson is not out surfing yet so no worries Grannie and Nana :)
 Anyhoo....the reason I mentioned this fact is that a Green Sea Turtle was killed by a shark and pulled to Shark Pit shore by a paddle surfer. Wade happened to be down there right soon after he was pulled out, peanut and I soon followed. 
It was so sad but at the same time really neat to be able to witness a glimpse of ocean life.   This turtle weighed about 200 lbs and the locals told us he was about 70 years old.  They knew this guy because he was missing a flipper and had stayed in this area for a very long time! The shark that bit him took a huge chunk out of his back and shell..... a big mouth.... oh a very big shark - yikes!    Poor Honu :(

As for sunsets....so we took our nightly stroll down to watch the sunset Sunday evening and found people, babies and dogs everywhere!  We had no idea that the social scene on Sunday was so hip!  We met several of our neighbors which was so cool!  We are now starting to recognize people in our area. There are many little ones that Hudson can play with and we have introduced him to some cool kids!  One little dude Jackson learned to swim in the ocean ( holding his breath under water and everything) before he learned to walk!  Surf's up man that's what I am talking about!  HA HA  

 Today I decided to get out take a yoga class. I have been having the MS "stiff, icky legs" thing for about a week so I knew this would do the trick!  I was right the class rocked and challenged me in good ways!  Very different than I have done in the past, the teacher rocked and the room was open to outside with fans blowing and the wind in our hair!  A very "Maui" like yoga experience!
So anyway the part I had to share was after the class, a lady offered to do a free session of " Sound Healing".  Yea I know what the heck is that??  Well I had time so I said me, me! Hard to explain to you what really went down but apparently I had my energy cleared by a series of sounds that ranged from .....hummm maybe a Howler Monkey, opra singer, to a shrieking cat.   Does that conjure up any images for you?? This lady was crazy....she says she is only one who does this? Really well wouldn't she need to learn it from someone somewhere?  Interesting!  Well its no matter cuz I feel really awesome this afternoon!  Whatever works huh!  Will never forget this experience that's for certain! LOL

Ok well enough on this lovely day!  See ya tomorrow!


ALOHA Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment