Well it has been a whirlwind few days! Between some annoying things like our rental car getting a nail in the tire and me having a dead IPhone after a drink mishap .... much more serious things came into the picture with Hudson!
Day #5 we noticed that Hudson was very irritable and saw that a bottom molar had popped up. We figured his fussiness and low grade fever was due to teething... we were wrong!
Within a 24 hour period we had been to an urgent care clinic and spent 6 hours in the ER! Next thing we know Hudson is getting an IV for fluids and blood work, chest xray and a urine analysis. This is how we spent his 17 month old birthday.... the scariest day we have had since he was born!
I believe I aged a few years on this day...... for sure shed many tears. Whoa my first experience and hopefully the last seeing my baby be held down to get an IV while laying listlessly in a hospital bed. It was simply awful.
Thank the good Lord the ER doctor came back and said his tests were normal but he was very dehydrated from his fever that spiked up and down to 103 for 2 days. He believes the fever was due to an ear/throat infection that the urgent care didn't catch, the other physician thought he had Fifths Disease a viral infection. So not exactly sure still but after a round of IV antibiotics and fluids Hudson limped along yesterday not himself, today he is improving.
Life had been on hold since Monday..... I cant even express how grateful I am that my baby is on the mend and smiling. I have never felt this terrified and again I am reminded of how precious my baby boy is.......how precious life is! Nothing else matters, not a phone , a car, where you live....
I plan to be writing much more positive and happy experiences very soon!
Aloha!
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment